Thursday, February 1, 2007

32 Weeks - Baby Classes begin!

So, last night started another fun adventure: Our first birthing class. We were so excited to go! We are taking a 6 week course at Good Samaritan, which is the hospital we will be delivering at. So, for the next 5 weeks, on Wednesday nights, we will be found learning all about having a baby. So, in we went with our 2 pillows and blanket. Last night we learned about the vocabulary that surrounds birthing - so very exciting. :-) Some of the words are a bit scary, and caused John and I to look at each other with expressions that may have read, "It that really going to happen to us?" or "Are you ready for that?" We then watched a birth... on video of course - oh boy!! is all I can say about that one. And we learned some good exercises for mommy to do starting in the 36th week. We actually practiced them in class. John could do them - Nichole could not. My question - If I can't do them now, how in the world will I be able to do them in a month? Hopefully these are not a requirement to get that little girl out into the world. Pelvic lifts, not for me! We have 6 other couples in our class - three of us are due on the 28th or 29th of March - the others are due in April. Only one couple in our class didn't know what they are having. We ended class with some relaxation on the floor with our mats, blankets and pillows. It was a fun night! Next week we get to take a tour of the birthing center. I am now 32 weeks - 8 weeks to go! According to me, I think I will be having her early - I know... all women say that at this stage.. but I just think perhaps it will happen to me. :-) Only God knows her birth date. We thank God for her daily and we can't even express how incredibly excited we are to bring her into this world!! With all my uncomfortableness right now, I have a hard time complaining because I am so thankful for the opportunity to be pregnant. It is not something I have taken for granted. Thank you Lord for this amazing blessing!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I think that if they showed the videos they show in birthing class to people before they get pregnant, nobody would ever get pregnant!!

Fun times guys! I can't wait to meet your little one!

Lance said...

John,

I began to have detailed conversations concerning labor/birth with my wife and mother-in-law. My father-in-law heard these and could not believe what I was saying. Women Stuff, you know?

Donloree said...

Well, at least John can do those exercises...if need be he can do these pelvic lifts for you in the delivery room! It may frighten the doctors and nurses, but once you explain how much better he is at them, I am sure they will understand!