Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pray for Lily

Hello friends & family,
I have a few minutes this morning to fill you in on our little one.
Last Thursday Lily started to get sick. She began not eating and drinking, and not being her cute little self. And had lots of yucky diapers. Friday night was rough with two trips to the doctor. She had 3 bouts of screeming in "pain" and we couldn't get her to stop crying. The doctor said she probably had a tummy bug and sent us home. Saturday morning she had a fever of 102.5. She spent most of the day crying, sleeping and laying on us for comfort. She would have fevers off and on. She was still refusing food and drink...
So we took her to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital ER in hopes of fixing our cute girl. They began assessing her for dehydration and urinary tract infection. She seemed to be okay still... even though she hadn't had more than a few bites and a few drinks every day since Friday. It was late so they sent us home and told us to return Sunday if she still refused to drink. At this point, Lily had already lost 3 pounds.
Sunday she was off and on all day. She began the day with a fever but with the help of motrin we were able to get it down. She basically laid on a blanket in the living room all day. We hadn't seen her play with her toys since Thursday. We began to really miss our little girl.
After talking with Dr. Grubb off and on all weekend, we made the call to take her back to Mary Bridge Monday afternoon. We began wondering if they were missing something... Lily just wasn't improving and seemed to be getting more and more lifeless.
We were in the Mary Bridge ER all day and into the evening. They started Lily on an IV to re-hydrate her since it had been almost two days without a wet diaper. She needed it! They really thought she would perk up after the IV ran for a few hours... but she didn't. She just wanted to lay on us or was content to lay on the bed in the ER. This was tough on us. I really began to wonder if we were gonna see her improve... Lily still would not eat or drink.. not even a popcycle!
So they admitted her into the hospital and after running varios tests, told us they believe she has the Rotovirus. It is a common virus, not dangerous, but makes young ones very sick I guess. I haven't had time yet to "google" it but I remember my friend Katie talking to me about it the other day when I was trying to figure out what could be wrong.
I sent John home last night to get a good night of sleep. They came in every few hours to check on Lil and I... poked her a few times and made her mad at 5 am... silly nurses.
So, here we are... still at Mary Bridge with our baby girl in a monkey cage in isolation. :-) It really does look like a monkey cage. She is resting and is still getting IV fluids. It is so hard to watch her be so sick. I am beginning to wonder if we should have more kids... ha ha. My heart hurts for her and I would love to take her place. The other little ones around Lily seem to be much sicker so we are thankful that this is nothing serious and we hope to have our little girl back soon.
On a happy note, we were able to get her to take a few drinks of pedialite and she did eat a little banana and a few cheerios this morning. This afernoon she ate 10 bites of yogurt! Yeah!!! So, we will wait for the doctor to come this afternoon and see what she thinks.
Please pray for her. And don't take your kids health for granted. I just want to chase Lily around the house again... and I want her to want to stand up in that monkey cage and ask to be picked up.
Thanks for your love and prayers.
Nichole

7 comments:

The Darlings said...

I'm praying for you little Lilly! Get better!

Katie said...

Woo Hoo! Glad she seems to be eating (even a little) and glad that you have an answer. We are praying that Lily will get back to her normal self soon. Especially so we can see you all on Friday!!

The Darlings said...

Oops too many L's, I just got too excited!

Anonymous said...

Love you sweet girl!
We are all praying for you to get up and rattle that cage.

I know this is so hard on your Mom and Dad and we continue to pray for you all.

Lovin you sweet little one and praying for you and all that enter your room.

The Gibson's

Anonymous said...

Please know that the four of us have been lifting Lily up in prayer and our Growth Group at church is praying for her also.

We love you and miss you guys,

Cindy for the Smiths in Idaho

Anonymous said...

The Grahams are praying. Glad she is improving and that God is holding her when you can't.
Love you guys!
Kristi

Anonymous said...

praying for you!