Friday, August 29, 2008

Texas Day 2

So, last night ended with some wii tennis, mario cart and golf. This morning we went to downtown McKinney (not sure if that is spelled right) and enjoyed a few fun stores. I found a watch at the "granola" store that I loved... too bad it was $75. It has been a "sick" like day in Texas today. So, that has been sad and not so fun. We are glad we are here "for such a time as this" and we are enjoying our friends very much. Lance made yummy artichoke spread and we had panini's for dinner. Then, John, Lily, Lindsay and I walked to the park. It is kinda stormy out, but the big rain drops felt fun and refreshing. We are afterall, Washingtonians. It is still unbelievably hot. And at the park, there are no other people in sight. I think everyone in Texas hides all summer long cuz it is too hot to be outside. Not even at the pool! Yesterday, there were only one other family at the pool... and it is a HUGE, resort-like pool. So fun! And the emptiness makes it even better. Lily hates coming from outside to inside. You would think her heart is breaking the way she protests. A girl after her fathers own heart. They don't just look alike, they ARE alike in many ways. We are getting ready for a game of Settlers of Catan. Yeah!

No comments: