We have had a very busy (and fun!) summer so far. I just got back from a 7 day cruise to Alaska with my best buddy, Katie, and her mom. John stayed home with the girls so that I could go on a "once in a lifetime" trip. This trip deserves a post of its own. Hope to do that soon! All 3 of my cuties got the flu while I was gone. :-( John did a great job and he truly is one amazing daddy. It was hard to hear they were sick but there was little I could do from the ship ... so I just prayed, prayed, prayed and they did get better. I spent a whole day after I got home sanitizing and cleaning our home so that the germs could be gone. Somehow they still managed to find their way into my body and I got the same 24 hour flu too!
We are doing quite a bit of traveling this summer so we only get a few weeks at home until the next trip. Again, it is me leaving. I have Air National Guard duty (taking a class) down in Salem, Oregon for a week. Thankfully, John and Johanna will join me for the first few days! One of the benefits of being a MSgt and getting my own room. :-) It is so hard to believe I have almost 15 years in the Air Force. I will reenlist for another 6 years in September... which will bring me to 20!
Johanna is going to turn 1 next week!! I have no idea how that happened. She is a beautiful baby and such a joy and blessing to our family. We are planning her celebration and excited for an outside party since she has a summer birthday.
Mondays are our family days. We usually go on some adventure... there is so much to explore here in the Pacific Northwest. The slide show that follows is from our adventure today. We went to a park on Puget Sound and enjoyed a picnic lunch, playtime at the park, time on the beach and we found 3 geocaches. FUN. We love these times together as a family. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment