Saturday, April 1, 2006

Ubiquitous

(yoo-bik wi-tes)
Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time; omnipresent.

I have one, my wife has one, Lance Bauslaugh has one, Mitchell Scott has one, Deb Bauslaugh has one, Bee Briscoe has one and I even think Jim and Donna Skogman have them.

What do all of these people have in common? iPods!!
I drive by myself to work and see the same people pretty much all the time. However, this week I went to San Francisco and witnessed an interesting phenomenon. I spent approximately 2.5 hours on public transportation and 4 hours walking around the city. Wherever I looked I could see the telltale white cords of iPod ownership running from pockets, bags, and hands up to the wearers' ears. It was amazing for me to see how many people were listening to iPods and it wasn't just young, or old, or white, or black it seemed that the iPod has become something that everyone can have. Which iPod are you?

6 comments:

Mitchell Scott said...

iPod mini. Yes the iPod does seem ubiquitous at times. One is sold somewhere every second. It shows the power of Apple. If the iPod was made by someone else, I wouldn't buy it.

Katie said...

I am ipodless. I guess I can't hang with the cool kids! Someday, maybe. Is there an incarnational ministry somewhere in all of this?

Anonymous said...

ipod third generation 20 gb

& I love it!

Currently over 1,500 songs.

Lance said...

DUDE! I saw a 70 year old man using an ipod! I see them everywhere too!

LB

Anonymous said...

My most favorite time I used mine was while the dentist was drilling my teeth. Anyone else? Favorite personal ipod moment?

Mitchell Scott said...

My favorite iPod moment was when this person in first class flying to Seattle scowled at me and my 'Pod the whole way there and I wasn't even listening to it.