This first picture is of my bookshelf and chair. The window looks out to 176th St. E. If you look closely on the window sill, you can see two trophies that some students won at the Word of Life volleyball tournament. First place and second place. Woohoo! My book shelves are almost full and have various books and other items. One of my favorite books is an East Indian Bible in the language of the area of India where my grandparents were missionaries. She read her Bible in the language of the area she was serving to be in touch with those she was reaching.My chair is very special. I have had it in my possession for almost ten years. It has been with me in my dorm at college and now in my office. When my parents first moved to Canada, they needed some furniture and an elderly couple who was moving into a nursing home gave them the chair. That chair rocked both my sister and I when we were babies. My dad has also had it in his office at some time during his ministry. While the chair was in the lobby during carpet laying, someone wanted to know whose ugly chair it was and why don't we get something nicer for our pastors. However, once you sit in the chair you won't care how it looks!
This next picture has the couch and my knick knack shelf. On the shelf are serious things and funny things including a jade monkey from China and a wine goblet from the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. The couch is from Ernie and Cindy Junkert. Cindy is the Head Ministry Assistant at CCBC and we are great friends with their family. This couch was Ernie and Cindy's first couch after they were married and I secured it from another room in the church when I came.
This picture is of my bulletin board and filing cabinets. I affectionately call one of them the smurf cabinet. I bet you can guess which one. On the bulletin board are pictures of students, cards and a picture of Jesus I used in my last sermon. On the filing cabinet fronts are magnetic letters, words and funny magnets. Mountain Dew is one of my favorite beverages and the metal sign on the filing cabinet says, "Mountain Dew, it'll tickle your innards." A funny hillbilly is shooting the top of the bottle.
This last picture is where it all happens. The small gray cabinet on the right is from Pastor Gordie. He brought it with him when he came to Washington and it serves a great purpose. On the wall are my diploma and Purple Feather award. The desk is in its usual state of affairs. There is stuff everywhere and everywhere is stuff. One of my funny sayings is "Organized people are too lazy too find things." Haha. That's my office, exposed.
3 comments:
Pretty Stinkin' ClEAN!!
How do you type Expose the right way?
I think your office is almost bigger than mine. Do you know that Mt Dew used to be what they called Moon Shine?
Post a Comment