Thursday, November 30, 2006

Irregular Experiences

Over the past few days I have had the chance to do something things that I don't get to do very often or haven't ever done yet.
On Saturday I helped Bill dig up our septic tank and free some obstructions from the tank that were causing nasty backups while Ben and Leah were here.
On Sunday I wore a t-shirt while I preached. It has the Youth Group theme for the year on it which is Transformers and was the main theme of my message.
On Tuesday I actually got to use my snow shovel and shoveled the sidewalk out in front of our house. We had enough snow and cold weather that our local schools have been closed the past two days.
This year we are also not putting up our tree since we will be gone on vacation for most of the holiday season. This is a picture of our Christmas showcase.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Christmas picture, but I was looking for Pastor John in his T shirt, :-) JEG

Katie said...

so cute!! Can't wait to see you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Nice trees . . . one for John, one for Nicole and one for Baby Gruber.

Don't envy you on the septic job . . . when things like that happen I am so thankful not to be the man of the house!

John, great message on Sunday!

JoAnn

Lance said...

I hope you enjoyed the snow shovel!

Donloree said...

Hey John - if you're really into shoveling, feel free to pop up north, I have A LOT of shoveling you could do! :) I think we've gotten about 2 feet since I saw you guys at Thanksgiving! YIKES!