Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Not-so-fun Pics

Here are some pics from our Friday adventure. You may have seen our area on the news. Our power went out at 5:00 pm Thursday night and as far as we know, it is still out. There were also wind gusts up to 70 mph. We played cribbage last night by candle light and slept in the fireplace room to avoid any falling trees. We woke up this morning and the power came on for about two minutes. This afternoon we ate lunch and decided to evacuate to the Junkert's. They welcomed us with open arms. Here are the not-so-fun pics.

I am heating up water for oatmeal and tea in the morning.

Nichole is all bundled up while the temp. in our home drops to 55°.

Nichole and I all warm and safe at the Junkert's.

Ernie speed-burning some of the debris in his yard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see y'all in a day or so. I hope the power is back on in the area before I get there....Is CCBC out? I am picturing the mad swarm of phone calls and meetings...Too bad my dad's cell ran out of battery power and he can't recharge it... :) Cant wait to get there, and sad I missed the storm.

Katie said...

Only Gruber could get a blog out when nobody else in the area has power!! I am sitting here in 80 degree weather wondering why I am going there for Christmas, everyone should come here instead, and bring your swimsuits!! :)