Saturday, May 13, 2006

Life with the Grubers

It has been a pretty crazy week. It started off on Sunday with our first softball game of the season. We played well but lost in the bottom of the last inning. I think we just got lazy and did not keep our heads in the game. We always go for dipped cones after the games, so some of us may have already had the sweet taste of chocolate and ice cream in our heads. Here is a pic of me and some adoring fans.


At home on Sunday we found out that it was a very high probability that my little sister, Leah and her husband Ben, would be moving to Seattle. Nichole and I could hardly contain our excitement. This dream has come true and July 17, my brother-in-law starts at SPU as an academic advisor.
We also decided to paint some walls in our living room. Nichole and I are slowly learning that house projects always take longer than expected. I began this project Wednesday after work and we did our best "Extreme Home Makeover" impersonation at 6:00 pm on Friday night when the youth kids were set to start arriving at 7:00. Nichole was yelling just like Ty, "They're going to be here in an hour, let's get moving." I think I did a pretty good job painting, here are some before and after pics and no, there are not any hidden messages in my painting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No hidden messages? If i squint I can see dolphins and a unicorn. Is that the glare off of the outdoor in ground heated pool that makes the kitchen shot so bright?