Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Book thoughts

Last year, one of my goals was to read eight books and I read nine. This year I have already read eleven. It is good to set goals, especially when they become a part of you.
I am currently reading "The Last Christian Generation" by Josh McDowell. It is about how Christians need to "rebuild the crumbling foundations of the true faith to raise up a new generation of Christ followers." I am about three chapters in and so far it is very good.
This quote so far has been the most meaningful to me.

"Transformation is a supernatural experience resulting from God as our redeemer responding to us crying out in faith:
I want to know you, O God, but I'm hopelessly lost in sin and in need of your forgiveness. I place my trust in the sacrificial death of your Son who nailed my sins to his cross. Forgive me and transform me from the inside out - from a person dead in sin into a new person alive in intimate relationship with you."

No comments: